Those interested in applying should forward their resume and letter of interest to Kris Salyards by January 8, 2014.
1) Provides clinical consultation to all agency programs and supervises the Therapeutic Case Managers and Residential Advisor as the Licensing Representative.
2) Participates as the Agency's Management Team
3) Provides "dotted line" supervision to staff of all levels within the TLP setting including, but not limited to, Residential Supervisors and YDS.
4) Works in conjunction with the Program Director to develop the program model for youth and training model for staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Provides direct supervision to Therapeutic Case Management Team.
2) Provides task supervision and/or direct supervision to assigned interns.
3) Provides "dotted line" supervision to Residential Supervisors and YDS.
4) Completes twice yearly Licensing Monitoring Visits with the Residential Advisor.
5) Assigns cases to TCM team.
6) Provide on-call support according to the agreed upon schedule.
7) Co-Chairs the Manager's Meeting.
8) Completes all Supervision notes in SACWIS and monitors case management data entry into SACWIS to ensure compliance.
1) Acts as the point of contact for sending Field Instructors and coordinates all field placements and supervisory assignments.
2) Participates in the development of learning contracts as needed.
Intake, Discharge, and Assignments
1) Participates in or assigns TCM participation with Intake and Transition Staffing Meetings for DCFS TLP.
2) In conjunction with the Intake Coordinator makes bed determinations/assignments.
3) Communicates all intakes and discharges to and from the program to the Harbour Team including the Business Manager, Program Director, Executive Director, and administrative program staff.
4) Facilitates internal clinical staffing when the need for a bed change may be necessary to maintain placement.
5) Assists the Program Director in securing additional supports (e.g. 1:1 funding) for individuals requiring a higher level of care while at the TLP.
1) Participates as a member of the QA team in order to review cases for compliance, establish and revise program outcomes as necessary, and produce quarterly reports as assigned.
2) Collects and reviews documentation for tracking and documenting DCFS Performance Indicators and Client Satisfaction Surveys every 6 months and upon discharge.
1) Attends quarterly CFT when changes to the Launch/Discharge/Emancipation plan are made, or as needed.
2) Co-Chairs critical staffings in response to incidents or clinical issues arise.
3) Chairs TLP Team Meeting to promote team cohesiveness and communication, and to address outstanding concerns.
4) Attends All-Staff Meetings.
5) Provides representation at DCFS Advisory Committee meeting, Quarterly Meeting, and other DCFS meetings requiring Harbour attendance.
1) In conjunction with the team, develops program to meet the needs of the kids in the program which includes but is not limited to financial components (e.g. allowance, transportation, and groceries) and in-house activities.
2) Works with the Therapeutic Case Management Team to develop the Life Skills Curriculum and monitors the budget.
3) Establishes skills groups based on needs of the clients served.
Qualifications and Requirements
1) Master's Degree in Social Work or equivalent. DCFS Licensure with DCFS Case Management Experience required. One year of supervisory and administrative experience required. LCSW/LCPC required.
2) Valid Illinois Driver's License, ability to drive a minivan and transport clients required.
3) Ability to operate household, kitchen, office and emergency equipment required.
4) Ability to lift up to 25 lbs, carry for a distance of 50 yards, upstairs, and unload required.
5) Ability to walk up and down stairs a minimum of 20 times per shift required.
6) Computer proficient and able to write professional reports and record in client files.
Position reports to the Program Director.
Position is Exempt.